Randstad Recruitment is searching for an Associate Director to lead the Planning Team at CivilPlan. This is an excellent chance for an industry leader to join a highly networked and reputable business, leading them through their next phase of growth.
Following the acquisition of Haines Planning by CivilPlan over six months ago, you will have the opportunity to lead a strong team of nine planners across two office locations, all of whom are dedicated, enthusiastic professionals. The planning team works closely with the company’s engineering and surveying divisions who are also leaders within the industry.
About the Role:
As the Associate Director (Planning) at CivilPlan, you will play a pivotal role within the organisation. You'll be responsible for leading a dedicated team of experts, overseeing operations, and contributing to the strategic vision. Your ability to provide leadership, acquire and retain clients, and drive business growth will be crucial.
- Provide leadership across the planning function including client acquisition and retention.
- Prepare detailed budgets and engage in strategic discussions with the Managing Director.
- Monitor project quality, risk, and compliance with company practices and legal requirements.
- Represent the business at industry associations and networking forums.
- Provide high-quality planning advice and opinion to clients.
- Coach and train junior staff to become highly capable planners.
- Foster trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Develop and execute the business strategy for the team, setting clear objectives and targets.
- Lead, support, and motivate your team members to maximise their performance and enhance collaboration.
A Personal Note from David Haines:
“I am looking forward to working with the successful candidate for this role at CivilPlan. If this is you, I want you to know that I am personally committed to sharing the knowledge, skills and experience I have gained over 30+ years as a Planning Consultant in New Zealand and overseas.
I will personally introduce you to our talented and loyal clients over this time to invest in your understanding of their business needs. From these clients come a wide range of projects and assignments across NZ, spanning different market sectors. I have always found this work and client relationships to be personally satisfying and rewarding. This is the opportunity which awaits you”.
If you're passionate about shaping the future of planning and if you have the knowledge and skills we're seeking, we encourage you to take the next step in your career. Join CivilPlan and be part of an innovative, forward-thinking company where you can make a true impact on both the industry and your career.
For a confidential discussion or to register your interest contact Adam Featherstone at Randstad Recruitment on 021 215 6253 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org