My client is a market leader in their specialist industry, and supply into the construction market at the commercial level. They are looking for a Business Development Manager to be based out of Christchurch and servicing the South Island - this means overnight travel is required, but will be self-directed.
In this role, you will be responsible for growing the business by:
- Utilising networks and referrals to find out about new projects and opportunities
- Obtaining RFP’s through relevant portals, and then project managing the proposal process
- Meeting with the client to understand the scope of the project and build relationships
- Working with a specialised in house team to ensure they have the correct information to prepare pricing and proposals
- Presenting solutions to the customer and overcoming objections
- Ensuring seamless delivery of the project to completion
- Ongoing account management as required
Your customers will be a mixture of large commercial operators, facilities operators, commercial construction companies, and project management firms. It is ideal if you can demonstrate an existing network of clients in this space.
As above, our ideal candidate will have some experience within the commercial construction market and will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 5 years sales experience
- Proven new business development experience (not just Account Management)
- The ability to interact with all levels of a business including the QS, up to C-Suite
- Experience with working towards a sales budget of at least $1 million
- Be seen as a leader within your field
- Project management skills and experience within your sales function
- High level of commercial acumen
This role is a great opportunity to work for a global company with long term career opportunities. An attractive package is on offer which includes a base salary, commission, company vehicle and tools of trade.
How to apply
Please apply online today or contact Stephanie on 021 310 024 if you require further information.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....