Randstad are delighted to be partnering with MBIE who are now hiring Immigration Officers for full time permanent positions in both Christchurch and Manukau.
About the Role:
As an Immigration Officer you will be responsible for processing visa applications. You'll be assessing and evaluating the information available to you, analysing immigration risk, engaging with various internal and external stakeholders, and using your experience to make sound visa decisions. You will be interpreting immigration legislation, applying and complying with regulations and policies, and using your decision-making abilities to make quality decisions.
To be successful in this role, you will have high attention to detail, be open to change and learning new things, and be able to confidently engage and communicate professionally with stakeholders. It is important you can look beyond what is presented to you and feel comfortable engaging in sometimes difficult and emotive situations. If you have a natural passion for New Zealand and feel enthusiastic about positively impacting people's lives, then this could be the start of an exciting career within Immigration New Zealand. A background in high volume workload and case management or experience within fast paced environments would be desirable however not essential to be successful in this role.
Ngā herenga - Requirements of the role:
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-managed and able to prioritise a high-volume workload effectively
- Flexibility and agility to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Quick and intuitive user of technology
- Passionate with a positive outlook to working with people from all walks of life
- Self-motivated with a mature mindset
- Able to follow and apply policy whilst remaining objective
- Must be a NZ or Australian citizen or permanent resident
What’s in it for you?
- Salary of $58,977 per annum with annual salary increases
- Flexible working hours between 6am - 6pm Monday to Friday
- Offices conveniently located in Christchurch City and at the Manukau Bus Hub and Train Station
- Work from home opportunities available after initial training period
- Discounts on e-bikes, gym memberships and health insurance
- Ongoing learning on the job training
- Development and progression opportunities both within Immigration NZ and the wider MBIE organisation
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper. MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders. “People are at the heart of our mahi, and we believe Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.”
Ngā Mātāpono – Our Values
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Please note that the recruitment process includes situational judgment and psychometric/cognitive testing, a virtual interview and a face-to-face interview.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.