Do you want to be a part of a team that helps to keep our whānau and communities safe by protecting New Zealand from Covid-19? You have the opportunity to be joining a team of over 4,000 employees nationwide to make a difference and help protect our team of 5 million!
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment are seeking reliable, vaccinated security guards who can work in one of New Zealand’s Managed Isolation and Quarantine Facilities. These are permanent, full-time positions available in 2022!
What you will be doing:
As an MIQ Security Officer, you will be ensuring the safety of returnees and staff. You will be required to:
- Monitor and authorise the entry and departure of employees and returnees to the site as well as CCTV footage, patrol, static guard, escorting and facilitating transfers
- Report any activities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons, or unusual occurrences
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of Government Agencies including (Police, Aviation, Security, Health)
- Providing advice and assistance to returnees
Your experience and skills:
While it is beneficial to have relevant experience, you do not need to have worked in security previously. You will need to be reliable and flexible and available to work on a rotating roster. This role will require you to be physically fit and have:
- A strong customer focus
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management
What you’ll get with MBIE:
- A competitive salary of $54,675
- Supportive on site training
- The opportunity to gain a Security Certificate of Approval (COA) and a Monitoring Officer Certificate of Approval (CCTV)
- A diverse and inclusive company culture
- Access to reduced health insurance premiums for you and your family
- A Westpac Banking package service
- ACC Partnership Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Ready to start your new career?
If this sounds like you please click "APPLY" to be considered for this security officer role.
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch regarding the next steps in the recruitment process.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....