A great opportunity has come up for an National Manager Assurance & Risk for a Government client based in Wellington central. My client has recently gone through some significant changes and realigned their internal team. This role is newly created and is responsible for developing and implementing a highly effective assurance function including audit, risk and managing a co-soured external provider.
The ideal candidate will be currently operating at a senior level with experience with leading a team and being involved in strategic decision making processes. You will have great knowledge and experience across audit, risk & assurance and understanding of public sector framework. You will also have good examples of implementing and developing frameworks in a complex environment.
- Lead and continuously develop appropriate frameworks and controls across the organisation.
- Preparing and presenting reports to SLT the Audit and Risk Committee and others as required with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understand the strategic direction of an organisation and ensure the assurance and risk review services they deliver add value to the business
- Managing a team of 3 direct reports and ensure tasks are being completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Developing and implementing a co-sourced model with external providers then ensuring the management of a high performing team in this model.
- Preferred qualifications include CPA/CA and/or Certified Internal Auditors (IIA)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in providing audit and assurance services
- Strong track record in building relationships and stakeholder communications
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Data analytics skills are desirable
This is a great opportunity to develop your career and work alongside some experienced professionals to gain exposure across different aspects of the organisation, whilst being rewarded with a supportive team and workplace environment in Wellington.
In order to be considered for this exciting position please apply via the link below.
If you have any further questions please get in contact with Garrett Ashman on 04 494 3452 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....