About the role as a Pedagogical Manager:
- Overseeing and delivering the provision of high-quality early childhood education and care
- Ensuring education and care at the centre is managed effectively in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Ensuring the centres philsophy is reflected in all practices
- Building a stimulating, challenging and supportive environment that promotes learning and success for all children.
- Mentoring the teaching team and supporting the more experienced teachers to mentor those with less experience.
- Implement and oversee a high-quality education and care programme
- Through effective planning and communication ensuring that the centre practices and programmes deliver the highest, most professional care to children
- Establish and maintain an education programme with Te Whāriki and the concept of place-based education at the heart.
- Be proactive about establishing interesting daily experiences suited to the different age groups within the centre.
- Provide a collaborative, inclusive and supportive learning environment
- Provide professional leadership to teaching team
- Oversee an advice and guidance programme for all teachers at all levels that meets their unique needs and meets all relevant legislation (e.g. growth cycles, appraisals, mentoring of PRT’s etc)
- Display a commitment to on-going professional development.
- Create a positive environment where staff feel recognised for their skills and efforts. Monitor moral and proactively develop strategies to ensure teachers remain motivated.
- Work with the Centre Manager in the selection, recruitment and induction of new teachers and relievers.
- Run positive and effective staff meetings which look to improve practices and systems, plan in advance children’s experiences and identify any other opportunities which would make the centre better.
- Be a role model in engaging in high quality parent liaison
- Positively promote the centre to prospective parents / caregivers.
- Through Story Park ensure that the systems for documenting individual children’s progress are on-going and that these observations are communicated to parents and caregivers on a regular basis.
- Manage teaching staff to ensure the centre runs smoothly
- Positively contribute to discussions, raising any issues, opportunities or concerns and take an active role in policy development and review.
- Undertake additional administrative and management tasks in the absense of the Centre Manager (including but not limitied to)
- Organising rosters and/or relievers
- Respond effectively to the diverse language and cultural experiences, strengths and individual needs of others
- Engage in ethical, respectful, positive and collaborative professional relationships
- Demonstrate commitment to on-going professional learning and development of personal professional practice.
If this sounds like you and a role you would be interested in taking on or learning more about, Please feel free to send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0800 800 204 Opt 3 or alternatively hit the apply button!...