We seek the skill and experience of a Senior Systems Engineer to join the team with our client, a locally owned telecommunications provider. With a wide range of internet products and services, they have been growing rapidly as businesses digitise and move their critical communications infrastructure online.
This key role involves cooordinating the continual rollout, maintenance, security and support of a national network and it's supporting systems and products. Ideally, you will have 8+ years in the IT industry, with at least 5 years in systems engineering.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Linux, Windows and VMware infrastructure
- Triage and handle technical escalations from within the Systems Practice.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance through to resolution.
- Networking, IP, subnets and firewalls (IPv4 and v6)
- Hosting platforms (Virtuozzo, SolusIO, Plesk)
- Mail environments (Postfix, Exim, O365/Exchange etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to persevere and look for alternative solutions to problems
- Ability to understand complex technical environments, comprising of multiple servers and dependencies spread across a nationwide network.
- Excellent documentation writing skills, with the ability to clearly and simply articulate complex ideas and solutions
- Great understanding of the internet business and an understanding of telecommunications products and solutions
- Understand technologies including broadband, fibre solutions, VoIP, hosting and email
- Able to document and communicate process from both a technical and non-technical perspective
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
This is a fantasic opportunity to progress your career with growing business that has a team culture that is second to none. Location is flexible and applications from outside of Christchurch, but within New Zealand will be considered. If this sounds like you then please APPLY NOW!
Applicants must have a valid work visa, permanent residency or NZ citizenship to be considered. Due to COVID 19 quarantine restrictions, overseas applications will not be considered at this time.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....