WorkSafe New Zealand are now hiring a full-time permanent Technical Specialist in Construction anywhere in New Zealand.
As Technical Specialist Construction you will bring your technical expertise to develop and support the inspectorate in their regulatory functions and provide technical advice to external stakeholders. You will also support the operations of the Technical Specialists team and be a valued member of a centre of expertise for WorkSafe in the delivery of cost effective, efficient, and high-quality technical advice on health and safety issues.
Your day to day:
- Provide technical support and advice on construction
- Play a part in improving safety and workplace standards in New Zealand
- Contribute to the development of commercial construction capability
- Contribute to regional / national initiatives or programmes / projects
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships within the industry
- Promote and undertake environmental scans
- Reinforce continuous improvement in safety, standards and quality in New Zealand workplaces
- Ensure the provision of relevant and up to date advice on technical safety issues
The ideal person for this role will need to have technical knowledge around vertical, horizontal and civil construction. As well as having the ability to work harmoniously within a team and build positive relationships.
You will also have the following skills and experiences:
- Excellent writing ability
- Clear communication skills
- Practical experience that acknowledges you as a credible construction technical specialist
- A high level of systems thinking capability
- Ability to adopt a client perspective when considering technical policy and its implementation.
- Ability to translate technical information into simple language
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulation
- A tertiary qualification in Civil and/or Construction or equivalent construction experience
WorkSafe New Zealand / Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa offers a range of benefits including free insurance packages (life, trauma, and income protection), discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities.
We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
How to apply:
Please click the apply link and submit your CV and you will then be sent an application form to complete. A cover letter is not essential for your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role close at 5:00pm on the 11th of October.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....